Divorce in the News April 29, 2022

Five of the latest divorce articles include the cost of divorce, the validity of divorce or marriage in the US if this occurred in a foreign country, and dating during and after a divorce.

April 29, 2022

(click the title to go to the article)

1-The Grey Divorce is Rising and Having a Devastating Impact on Women I think this is so sad that a man would leave a woman in the later years of her life.  Many women were stay-at-home moms and did not prepare for retirement but instead trusted their husbands with this part of their lives while they were taking care of the children and the home.  It may have seemed like a partnership, but sadly it was not.  I worked part-time, and my role in the so-called partnership was to provide fun money for the home and the family.  I was told not to worry about a career or retirement.  I got the raw end of the deal, and many other women have too.

2-12 Steps to Protect Your Money in Divorce There is a lot of good advice in this article.  One of the biggest mistakes I made was allowing him to continue paying the bills after our separation. This means he had his hands in my bank account.  Money flew out of the account and not always to pay the bills.  I would soon hire a divorce attorney who showed me my wayward ways. 

3-What Determines Spousal Support in a Divorce? Interesting article about spousal support.  If you need to know more about it, this post will help.

4- Refinancing After Divorce I was awarded the house and the house payments in our settlement.  I thought I wanted to stay in my home but soon learned that the upkeep was too much for me on my own.  I sold the house 3 years after the separation and moved into a townhome I love.

5-The No-Fault Divorce-What You Need to Know. From what I know about the no-fault divorce, I disagree with it in most cases.  I think it should only be no fault if both parties agree.

God Bless You On Your Journey!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts