Things That Help Me Survive During the Early Days of an Unwanted Separation and Pending Divorce

In my opinion, divorce is one of the most stressful times in a person's life.  I can only say that because I have experienced it.  I never thought I would find myself in this situation, having been married for 37 years.  I didn't think it would happen to me, but that just shows us we don't know what life holds.
That being said, there are a few things that helped and continue to help me survive this life event.


*Exercise
     Exercise kept me going in the beginning.  Granted, I had to force myself during my initial depression, but I am glad I did.  I love Zumba, and I would make myself go after work. It is a great workout.  I also like to hike and I am planning to get back into biking.  I just need to pull my bike out of the shed:-)

*God
     I don't know what I would have done without my faith.  It kept me going in the beginning and continues to give me strength.


*Friends
     In the beginning, I reached out to everyone I could think of because I was emotionally dying.  My friends gave me hope and a diversion from the pain.  A few have stayed close, and we enjoy fun times together.

*Adventures
     Life is an adventure.  I try to go on everyone I can find.

 *Nature/Beauty
     There is nothing like finding the beauty of God that surrounds us, even in our pain.  We can find it in a garden, on a hike, in a book, hidden in a movie, in a smile.  We just need to open our eyes to its presence.
























I don't know where you are on your journey.  I don't know what types of joy and pain are part of your life.  All the things I have listed are great ways to enjoy life in the amazing times and in the difficult times.  I suggest you incorporate them into your life.
Please comment on ways you have found to get through the painful times in life.
Remember God's Promise
"I will never leave you or forsake you."
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts