Lawyers are a Girls Best Friend Not Diamonds...Zsa Zsa Gabor


I like this quote by Zsa Zsa Gabor. I can relate to its meaning now that I have experienced the depth of its truth.
If you find yourself in the throes of an unwanted and unexpected separation and pending divorce as I did, please hire an experienced attorney.  Do this sooner rather than later.  I regret taking my time in hiring my lawyer.  It is easy to understand why we drag our feet.  We may be traumatized, in a fog, no idea what to do when this situation confronts us. Sadly in our hesitation, we benefit the one who betrayed us.  So stand firm in this horrible challenge, interview several attorneys, and hire the one that can help you.   
Another piece of advice that I would give you is to do what your attorney tells you to do.  I followed most of my counsel's direction, but I bulked at holding some of those involved responsible in order to protect them.  I am not sure why I wanted to protect because they did unethical things. If I could go back, and I wish could, I would allow my attorney to hold them all accountable.

This process is not an easy one but take a deep breath, 
put one foot in front of the other and finish the task.
God Bless You!
KathieyV
(Disclaimer:  This is what worked for me.  I am not a professional but speak only of my experience.  What worked for me may not work for you...but then again it might:-)

Comments

Popular Posts