Inspirational Quotes-Don't Wait For Opportunities, Get Up and Make Them!

I love this quote by Madam C J Walker, and it is so appropriate not only to those of us going through a divorce but for anyone. In the case of divorce, your life is upended, and you don't know where to turn or what to do.  Many of us feel we should hide away and wait for opportunities to change or enhance our lives.  Unfortunately, that usually does not happen.  Many times if we want opportunities, we have to make them.


I believe there are times when we need to wait.  Wait for the right moment, or wait until we are more prepared.  But we should not always wait.  The old saying "good things come to those who wait" I don't always believe.  I think we have to make things happen.

If you want a new job, you don't wait for the job to come to you.  You search the want ads, obtain the proper education in your area of interest, and then seek out what you want.  If you only waited and took no action, there would more than likely be no job.  

I think we have to take the initiative. We must make the necessary changes to achieve what we want in our lives.  As Madam Walker says, we have to get up and make our opportunities happen. 

So I say to you and myself, stand up, get moving, and make your life happen.  Make your life amazing!

God Bless You On Your Journey!

KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts