Divorce-Mending What is Broken.

"Divorce, the death of a family"
KathieyV


 I had the opportunity to visit the Museum of Art in Raleigh, NC.  Every time I visit, I find something unique.  The exhibit that caught my eye on this particular day was a piece, or should I say "pieces," of art called Bride.   It was explained to me that this was like a marriage.  If you look at the top, the wedding of the piece, you see perfection.  As the years go by, it slowly becomes disheveled and uncared for.  I could relate to this art piece, having been abandoned by my husband.   It got me thinking about how we throw things that could be repaired away as though they are not worth the time to repair.

"We live in a disposable society.  It's easier to throw things out than to fix them."
Neil LaBu
To me, that is extremely sad.  A family or a person should not be thrown away.  It is just not right, at least not in my mind.

"But marriage goes in waves.  You've got to be patient.  
People bail and give up on their marriages way to early.  
They just don't put the work and the effort into it."
Anna Benson

"For I hate divorce, says the Lord the God of Israel"
Malachi 2:16


 "I beg you take courage; the brave soul can mend even disaster"
Catherine the Great

"But whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected.
By this, we may know that we are in Him."
1 John 2:5

"Each divorce is the death of a small civilization."
Pat Conroy

I agree, Pat.  I call it the death of a family.
"The decisions you make are a choice of values that reflect your life in every way."
Alice Waters

Alice, it is not always the decisions we make but the decisions that are made for us.  We can't control the negative ways people choose to dictate our paths.  I strongly value marriage and, for me personally, only view abuse and infidelity as a catalyst for divorce.  We can do our best to learn from the experience and move on.  We can attempt to forgive and reflect on our values in future decisions.  I think part of that is trying to find ways to help others going through this same pain.


I place everything in God's hands.  I pray that he pushes me in the direction I need to go.  
I hold tight to His promise, "I will never leave you or forsake you."
Thank you, God:-)
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts