Divorce in the News Feb 4, 2022

Divorce in The News

Five of the latest divorce articles include the high conflict parent, your first tax season post-divorce, spousal support, how career choices can affect your divorce, and Covid and divorce. 

Feb 4, 2022





(click the title in blue to go to the article)

1-High Conflict Parent-I found this to be an interesting and enlightening article.

2-Your First Tax Season After Divorce-  I did end up hiring a CPA after my divorce.  I think one was needed but sadly mine was not well versed on Divorce and taxes and so I had to pay a penalty.  With that in mind, you need to shop around for the right CPA for you and your circumstance.

3-Spousal Support, to End or not to End- Personally I feel that alimony should be permanent.  I think it is wrong that someone that has not only promised to love and care for but who has made obligations to his spouse should be able to just drop them like they never existed.  What happened to a verbal contract being binding not to mentions a promise to the spouse and God.  I think throwing away people is wrong. 

4-Career Scenarios that Can Influence Your Settlement- This is a very interesting and need to be read article.  I made the mistake of taking on more work hours during my divorce.  This increase in pay was all that mattered to the judge and because of this I probably did not do as well with my alimony as I could have.  

5-How Covid is Making Divorce More Complicated-Wow, Covid has made divorce more complicated than it already was. 

God Bless You On Your Journey!

KathieyV




Comments

Popular Posts