Divorce in the News Feb 18,2022

Divorce in The News

Five of the latest divorce articles include eliminating permanent alimony, preparing for a divorce checklist, how to reduce legal costs, student loans and divorce, and divorce tax planning.

Feb 18, 2022

(click the title in blue to go to the article)

1-Eliminating Permanent Alimony?-I disagree with this proposed bill.  Is it fair I ask you that a person who has a legal contract with you and a verbal agreement with you can be just left with nothing because someone decides to renege on their promises and just leave?  I say no!  Many spouses give up their careers to take care of families with the verbal contract that marriage will stay intact and that they will retire as a family.  That is what happened to me.  My focus in the marriage was working part-time and taking care of the kids.  Upon my husband leaving, I was left without a career.  If I had known he was going to back out of his vows, I would have worked on a career path that I loved so that I could have the future that I wanted.  

2-How to Prepare for Divorce Checklist-  Excellent in-depth article.

3-Ways to Reduce Legal Costs in Divorce- The one thing in this post that stood out to me was "be organized."  We need to help our attorneys by gathering information that will help with our case.  Doing our own leg-work in many instances may save us money.

4-Student Loans and Divorce- This would be an interesting article for anyone going through a divorce with student loans, especially if you consolidated the loans. 

5-Post Divorce Tax Planning-Taxes were difficult before divorce, and now it has become even more complicated.

God Bless You On Your Journey!

KathieyV


 

Comments

Popular Posts