Ask The Divorce Lady-If You Could Go Back to the Day Your EX Asked You to Marry Him What Would You Do? Run!!!!

I was asked the other day...
If you could go back in time to the day your ex asked you to marry him, what would you do? 
My Answer...RUN!!!!

I guess we all know what we would do in retrospect, and we can't go back in time to correct what happened in our past.  If he were to ask me that same question today, I would run even faster because I know the kind of life I had in the past.  That brings us to an important question...What are the pros and cons of taking your ex back after a breakup?  If you were treated badly, the question is, do people change?
  • True change does not happen overnight, and it takes a lot of work.
  • Many times, there is a sincere promise to change, but over time, that promise may be forgotten.
  • Think about how you felt in that relationship. Do you really want to go back, knowing they may not change?
  • According to Qura, only 1% of narcissists actually change.
  • It has to be your ex's decision to attempt to change, and insistence that they change from someone else will not make that happen.
  • An abusive man may have a twisted sense of right and wrong.
  • It is difficult to return to a relationship where trust is broken, such as through infidelity. 
I do agree that people can change.  I also think that it takes real determination and the willingness to admit they were wrong before they can even begin to change.  I also think that we have to analyze our own psychology before we step back through a door into a place where we have been damaged.

If you considering returning to a less-than-happy marriage, I would say pray long and hard about your decision.  Please be careful.

God Bless You On Your Journey!
Kathiey V

Comments

Popular Posts