A Letter of Encouragement on Thanksgiving Day

A Letter of Encouragement... 



Dear Friend,


Here we are, another Thanksgiving, and yes, I am very thankful.  Did I think I would be happy? No.  Did I think I would have any hope of a good life?  No.  Did I think I would ever be able to have hope and joy in my life again?  No.  Was I wrong on all those counts? YES!


Looking back to June 2013, the day I was blindsided by my husband’s upcoming departure, the day I lost my hope, my goals, my only known dreams, my joy, and my direction.  I did not see any future for myself at that time.  I saw no reason to live because the pain was so intense.  These feelings were real and harsh and difficult to endure. Never Give Up!


If you feel that way, take a deep breath and step back momentarily.  Look around; you can find beauty and hope in the pain.  Initially, it is hard to find, but it is there.  Keep Looking!


Know that God walks beside you, and you will find joy, hope, and direction again.  Place one baby step in front of the other and keep going. Hold Tightly to Your Faith and Your Friends.



It was a process for me.  Over ten years of pushing myself through, looking for God’s beauty in the pain, and doing my best to be thankful for the little things in my life.  Every person grieves and heals at a different pace.  There is no timeline.  Keep Going!


I sit here eleven years after my ex walked out.  I am no longer the shell of a person I was when my life seemed to shatter.  I am extremely happy.  I have a new sense of direction. I have so much to be thankful for.  And you do, too; although you may not see it yet, you will.  Keep Fighting For the Life You Deserve, and Be Thankful!


God Bless you this Holiday Season

With much love and encouragement.

Kathiey V


Comments

Popular Posts