The Pain of Divorce...."Divorce is Like a Death But With Intent" KathieyV

Divorce can be an extremely painful and difficult time.  I plan to write 3 books in regard to my divorce experience.  The first is about the pain, the second is about the journey through the process, and the third is about the joy that can still be found even in the pain.  Here is a quote from my first book and also one I found by William Shatner, which probably proves he knows this pain.

William Shatner
"Divorce is like a death but with intent."


This was written a couple of years after my husband left...
I know how you feel in the beginning.  The emotional pain is debilitating.  This pain can become physical, which it did with me.  It has been nearly two years since I was blindsided by the "man" who promised to love me for better or for worse. He just walked out.  The pain is beginning to ease.  I have my good and my bad days.  I don't miss him at all now that I have learned who he truly is.  I do miss our family unit.
My suggestion for you, if you are beginning this journey or even if you are years down this path, is to hold onto your faith, your friends, and the family members who love you.  You will get stronger.

"I call on the Lord in my distress, and he answers me"
Psalm 120:1
Get out and do something fun this week.  
Believe me forcing yourself out, in the beginning, really does help.  
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts