Quotes A Quote to Remind Us to Think Before We Speak-"Running Mouth"

Today I am going to share a quote of great wisdom.  These are wise words from a site called Cheers I found on Pinterest.

In my mind, another way to say this is "be careful who you trust." If you share too much, it may come back to haunt you. 

This quote just means that we should think twice about who we share our heart with.  If we have something we want to share that we need to share, we should be cautious about who we decide to trust to keep it to themselves. 

Many times when we are going through a difficult time, we have the need to share to vent.  Sharing your story when you are in distress is therapeutic. I think we need to ask the questions...
  • Can I trust this person?
  • Can this person be discrete with what I am sharing?
  • Will this information in some way damage or hurt the person I want to share with?
When I was in the middle of my divorce process, I was warned by my attorney to be careful who I shared anything with.  I could not share that I had an attorney or a PI.  I could not share anything that could be used against me with casual friends or on social media.  I did have a few friends that I knew I could trust that I did share with.  I am so thankful for that handful of friends; they became my support and my therapy. 

I hope you have many good friends that you can share your deepest feelings with, friends you can trust.
The moral of the story is to think before you speak.

God Bless You On Your Journey
KathieyV


 

Comments

Popular Posts