Morning Motivation "In My Weakness He Made Me Strong"

Once upon a time, what seems like a lifetime ago, I was a pastors wife.  I was very active in my church.  My husband was the pastor, supposedly my pastor, and I was involved heavily in the music and drama ministries.  My passion at that time was the music.  I was a member of the praise team and loved to spend hours working on keyboards and vocals for the Sunday service.  

There was a song that I liked called "Bring it On" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  I loved the electric guitar, bass, drums, and the strings.  I would not say I was crazy about the lyrics.  Why?  Because the request to bring on difficulties in my life scared me, I wanted a peaceful life.   As I would sing along with this song, I would say to God, "I don't mean it God, don't bring it on."  I wanted protection from pain, hardship, and trauma in my life. I would never ask for pain, even though I had faith that God would be with me I did not want a struggle to enter my life.

Steven Curtis Chapman

Well, even though I did not ask for it, the trouble did come.  I tried to hide, but my attempt was in vain.  My husband left me, and I was left behind in the painful aftermath of his decision.  
Having lived through this trauma of betrayal, I can now relate to Steven's words.  I have learned through the pain not to hide but to rely on God.  Even though my world had shifted and I found myself in profound despair this was the time that I grew closer to God then I have ever been.  I am still healing, it is a work in progress, but I have no doubt that God is with me.
So am I asking God to give me more pain?  No, absolutely not, but I now know whatever comes my way that God will take my fear and weakness and make me stronger in spite of them.
Thank you, God
"You know, whenever I was at my lowest, that's where my relationship with Christ grew."
Nick Foles
Philadelphia Eagles

I do not know what your challenges are today.  Whatever they may be, please turn to God.  He will encourage and strengthen you.  
God Bless!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts