How Can I Survive the Pain of Divorce? | Jason Gray



Surviving The Pain of Divorce A Video By Jason Gray



I, like Jason, believed that my marriage would last forever.  I was looking forward to retirement and travel, spending time with my kids and grandkids, going to church together, and family dinners.  But my husband of 37 years had a different desire.  He desired to leave.
Many times in life, we have no choice in matters that have a major impact on our lives, and instead, we are shoved down a path not of our choosing.  With many, this path may be divorce.  As Jason says, divorce is messy and disorienting, and the pain can break things in our lives that we felt were unbreakable.
I believe that in the times of despair, we need to keep trying.  In our doubt and confusion, we need to keep trusting God while putting one foot in front of the other, even if they are baby steps.
Thank you, Jason, for sharing your story.  I thank God for your music.  Christian music kept me breathing during my initial trauma, and one of my favorite songs was one of yours:-)
If you are going through the pain of divorce, hold tightly to God and your friends.
Always remember God's Promise
"I will never leave you or forsake you."
Thank You, God!
KathieyV


Comments

  1. Thanks for this post, it is comforting to see someone that feels the pain of divorce as deeply as I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Divorced Dad. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I am glad you are writing, it is therapeutic. I have written one book and I am working on my second. Maybe in writing we can help others on this path.
      I visited your blog and I would like to follow your site but I could not figure out how to.
      Take Care!
      Kathiey

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts