Divorce Diversion-February Celebrations

  There are several things to celebrate in February.  I searched and selected a few special days that I wanted to focus on in this post.  Yes, I know I am late on a few, but better late than never.  You can celebrate these days whenever the time is right for you.  So, Happy February Celebrations.  Let's get started...

(I am an Amazon Affiliate.  If you buy anything on Amazon using my links, I get a percent of the sale with no added cost to you.  Thanks:-)

Kite Flying Day is February 8th



National Kite Flying Day is February 8th, 2021.  I remember as a kid flying kites in an open field on our property in Maryland.  As I recall, the hardest part when flying a kite is running through the field in an attempt to thrust the kite skyward.  
I remember my Mom helping us make tails for the kite.  I found an article about the importance of kite tails in Scientific America, Stability Science: How Tails Help a Kite Fly.
I bought Caleb a kite several years ago.  It is still upstairs in its package.  It is a dragon kite because Caleb loves dragons.  This year maybe we will fly his kite. I am going to go on Amazon to find a kite for Maggie. 
I know just the field that would make kite flying this year a possibility.  Josh and Erica have property about an hour from here, and there is an open field that would be perfect.  It is up to me now to make it happen.  I will call them today and set it up. 

Let's Pick A Kite For Maggie

                                              

                                               



National Umbrella Day is February 10th

National Umbrella Day is February 10, 2021.  Here is a quote from National Calendar

"The basic umbrella was invented over four thousand years ago. There is evidence of umbrellas in the ancient art and artifacts of Egypt  Assyria, Greece and China."

I do have a couple of umbrellas, two umbrellas to be exact.  One rests on my outdoor chair on the front porch.  Being outside, this umbrella stands at the ready to keep me dry during my walks with Brodie on a rainy day.  I have a smaller, more compact umbrella that I can never find.  I know it is here somewhere, but I could not tell you where.  
My outdoor umbrella is a bit faded, so it is probably time to think about a new one.  I should also consider getting another compact umbrella for the car.  Let's head to Amazon. 
I think this one is cute.
                                                       
....this one is unique...
                                                        



National Drink Wine Day is February 18th.



Here is a quote from the website "National Drink Wine Day."

"The purpose of National Drink Wine Day is to spread the love and health benefits of wine.  Wine has played an important role in history, religion, and relationships.  We embrace the positive benefits of wine such as new friends, reduced risk of heart disease, and the enhancement of food and life."

I am so glad that I can celebrate National Drink Wine Day.  It has been nearly a month since my last glass of wine because I decided to partake in Dry January this year.  I have done well in my quest to have a dry January.  The most difficult thing for me has been that wine had become one of my comfort foods, and I miss that comfort at the end of the day.  

If I had my way for wine day, I would go to a nice winery.  The winery would have a beautiful view where I would sit, sip my wine and look over the beautiful countryside.

National Chili Day is February 25th.


I do like chili, especially on a cold winter's day.  Here is what I found about National Chili Day on nationaldaycalandar.com

"National Chili Day on the fourth Thursday in February honors one of America’s favorite winter dishes–chili. It’s also known as chili con carne (chili with meat)".

Before Covid, a fun thing to do was to go to a Chili Cookoff.  I have been to the cookoff in Blowing Rock, NC, many times, and it was great fun.  The types of chili that I would taste was extremely varied.  Some of the chilis were sweet, and some were savory.  I remember some of the chili being so hot that my face would turn red, and I would begin to sweat-what fun:-)

                                                       Happy February, Everyone!

KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts