Morning Motivation A Sermon "T.A.K.E." by David Anderson

I love my Sunday mornings. I do not have a home church as of yet, so I grab my coffee and note pad and listen to a sermon via podcast. The last two weeks, I have listened to services from Bridgeway Church in Maryland. 
The pastor both times has been David Anderson. He starts his sermon by quoting a man that just faced down a bear.

I wish I were as brave as Carl, but I am not. I have fears and worries. I want to be brave and face each day, confident that God walks beside me and is in control, and I do 90% of the time. How do I maintain this confidence 100% of the time? I need to follow David Anderson's advice. He said we need to develop a courageous heart. We need to take courage. He says we can do this in 4 ways.
"Take"
*T-Trust that God is in control. (I remind myself of this constantly)
*A-Act courageously to do what must be done. (I am trying to get all the things I need to do completed)
*K-Kneel before God and claim his promises. (I don't always kneel but I do pray)
*E-Encouage yourself. (For me that means devotional time, music and enjoying life)

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14
KJV

So that is our assignment for this day and the rest of our lives. Trust, act, kneel, and encourage. 
 Good advice, David, Thank You!
Happy Monday Everyone 
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts