Divorce Diversion-Places-The Cotton House Cary NC

I have been to the Cotton House in Cary twice.  Once on a food truck night with Erica and Josh and another time with a friend. Their primary focus is beer but luckily for me, they have wine too, happy day. The venue is a historic home built in 1900.
There is plenty of seating, both inside and out.

I tried to find some information on this piece of sculpture, but I could not.  It is beautiful and extremely detailed.  I did see an old photo of the house, and it had a tall stump of a tree in the yard.  So I will assume that someone made a lovely carving out of the stump.
Food Trucks and Mayton Inn
The first time I visited the Cotton House, it was on an evening they had a food truck.   The truck for the evening was The Humble Pig.  I ordered a BBQ plate, and it was delicious.  They also partner with the Mayton Inn that is right beside them.  You can place an order with the Inn, and they will bring the order to you at the Cotton House.  


Interior
The interior is lovely, and the bar area is beautiful.
There is seating inside and out. 
Here is a quote from their site,
"Our comfortable historic venue has been carefully updated with modern touches throughout. Two of the original brick fireplaces were exposed to highlight the craftsmanship from 120 years ago. The taproom includes a 25-foot prohibition-era style bar with a stunning Italian marble top. Above are handmade NC walnut lighting fixtures, a bar back handcrafted by a local carpenter, and tap handles created by a local master woodworker. The walls feature historical photographs of the Town of Cary and the surrounding area and reminders of what life was like in the early 20th century."





 I had a lovely experience both times I visited the Cotton House.  I can't wait to go back
Happy Travels and Adventures!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts