My Story:Blast From the Past-The Beginning

This series I am calling The Beginning because it goes back to the beginning of my traumatic life change.  I believe you have to share your story to help others on the same journey.  So here goes, let's look back and remember and learn.
The Past
Those of you who are my friends, those of you who know me, know my story.  Those of you who follow this blog will soon know my story.  For those of you who wonder how I made it through the first several months of the nightmare, that blindsided me, I am writing a book on the early days.  A book of grief, depression, survival, and emotional turmoil.  A book of faith.  This book is an example of the feelings of one who has been thrown away, as if worthless. I hope to have it published by the end of Aug 2014.
Current Day
My book was published.  The Title is of my book is  "My Story My Divorce God's Promise, The Beginning." The book was published in early 2017. It took a bit longer than I thought.

The Past
Let us go back to the fall of 2012.  August was our 36th wedding anniversary.  We went to Waynesville, NC, in the fall to celebrate, and it was a beautiful trip. We would typically wait to celebrate in the cool of the fall when we could enjoy the beauty of the mountains.  Off we went to Oak Park Inn.
Room 35.

A lot happened in room 35.  "I love you" was spoken many times.  We made love many times at least I believed it was love.  We spoke of our plans for the future.  The focus was on our family.  We talked of continuing to fix up our home so we could have family celebrations.  We talked about taking family vacations.  Life was finally going to be a bit easier, and it was now time to focus on retirement and the blessings of being together and our family.  Little did I know all of the ugliness that would transpire in the next few months.  Little did I know that I would experience the awfulness of depression and despair.  Little did I know that I was soon to be thrown away, and our family divided.
Ok, back to better times,
We walked the streets of downtown Waynesville. We went to a craft fair.



We went to see the Elk…


We went hiking…






We visited several restaurants.



 I remember this wine bar well.  This bar was in a basement on a side street in Waynesville.  We ordered wine and shared a cheese tray.  We sipped our wine and enjoyed the local band that was playing.  We held hands under the table.  It was a perfect evening.
So here I am nearly two years later.  I am on a completely different path than I ever could have imagined. A path that was not of my choosing.   I am finding there are many people on this same or similar path.  I am learning my pain is not exclusive.  I am also learning how much I need God's presence in my life.  I am learning that my faith is the one constant in this life and that I am thankful for it.
Current Day
It is now 2019.  I was left in June of 2013.
 My story……to be continued...
Current Day
If you are going through this type of pain in your life, I understand the depth of despair.  Know that you can rely on God to stand beside you to comfort you and to guide you.  Don't give up.  Take one baby step at a time, and you will find your way.
God Bless You!
KathieyV

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. Hopefully it helps to remember. The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts