Morning Motivation; God's Light Can Cut Through Our Darkness



"Light can be seen even in the darkness.  
The light from the stars on a very dark night.  
The light from a lighthouse in the midnight hours.
The light from a candle in a darkened room.
The light from a fireplace on a cold winter evening.
And, the light of God's love can cut through our darkness."
KathieyV
I know many of us have experienced times we felt as though we were in utter darkness.  The depth of that darkness may be so all-encompassing that the thought of looking for a light never enters our mind.  It is as if we are engulfed by darkness.  
There are endless forms this darkness can take.  It could be sickness, death, divorce, violence, injustice, poverty and the list goes on.  
In my case, the darkness that enveloped me was the pain of a betrayal, a separation, and finally a divorce.  I did not see any light in my darkest times, but I kept praying and leaned heavily on God and his promises..

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
John 1:5

"Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light." 
Helen Keller

I know of a family that have gone though some difficult times together.  I don't know their story but I can relate to the quote that means a lot to them.  This quote is so true.

"Dear Lord help me to remain strong in my beliefs.  
Help me to see your light even in the dark times."

God Bless you!
I would love to know your stories of finding God even in the darkness.  
Please feel free to share in the comment box.
KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts