My Story Page 13 The Holidays. What do I do with the family Ornament???


















It was the day after Thanksgiving, this was the day I agreed to celebrate the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Now, because of the choice of "X",  the holidays have become more complicated.  Thursday I stayed home and cleaned and prepped for the next days dinner. Got up on Friday, went to a two hour Zumba Event, came home and finished cooking for our 4pm meal.  It was a very nice time.  Steph, Erica, Josh and Caleb were all here along with Roxy and Brodie.  After the meal we watched the movie Elf and put up and decorated the Christmas tree. (I think this will be my new tradition, movies and decorations:-)  As we were going through the ornaments I came across the one above.  I just turned to my daughter and said, "What am I suppose to do with this?"  She just looked at me and said, "I don't know Mom."
I was asking people at work what to do with it.  The consensus was to throw it away, that it was just a lie.  I thought about that for a while.  I guess it was a lie.  I recently learned, that even before this dramatic life event, that X was in a relationship. Very sad but true.  It is what it is.  
So do I throw the ornament away?  It is so cute.  I guess I could just scratch out his name.
I think this Christmas will be easier for me.  Last year I was alone and sad and numb.  This year I am stronger.  I am actually looking forward to the festivities.  

Here is a quote from Steven Eversole a family law attorney.
"Create new traditions. You may also want to forget some traditions because they remind you of your spouse. Even old decorations may bring back painful memories. During the holidays you should focus on the present and create new traditions to enjoy your new life. If you have the children, start new traditions, if you are on your own, consider visiting family or friends"

Comments

  1. Good thing you decided to keep that ornament, Kathy. I understand how hard it was to forget the bad memories associated with it. On the other hand, it could also symbolize the good fight you fought to get where you are today. I know it’s not easy to change traditions, but I’m glad that you look forward to celebrating the holidays. Anyway, I love the quote that you shared. I hope those lines could inspire you as you move forward to a better life. I wish you all the best!

    Roman Barnes @ Johnson and Johnson Law Firm

    ReplyDelete
  2. With Viagens Marrocos, swaying palm trees and crystal white sands, the Marroco is the picture-perfect holiday. The high visibility water allows you to see marine wildlife from up to five metres away, making it the ideal destination to explore underwater.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts