Monday Morning Motivation. Jonah/Forgiveness

Monday Morning Motivation. Jonah/Forgiveness

This past weekend was Thanksgiving.  I had a wonderful time with family and friends.  They say that holidays are the most difficult time for people going through death or divorce.  I would agree.
On Sunday I did not go to church.  I slept in and then had a lazy day.  I did listen to a podcast from a local church, CrossPointe.  The message was on the book of Jonah from a series called "Can't see the Forest for the Trees".
How I applied it to my life...
In the early days of my transition, from my life as I knew, it I was bewildered, I felt completely lost in my new reality.  I cried, I prayed, and was slowly sucked into deep depression.  I wanted to give up, I had no idea what to do.  I began to dwell on escape.  How can I end this?  How can I escape these painful emotions.  I was giving up on God and on myself.  I wanted to run away like Jonah did.  I regret that now.  I ask for forgiveness for that discretion.  But that does not change my story.  It happened.

Even if we are horribly wronged we need to work on forgiving those who caused us pain.  It will not change them but it will allow us to move on with our lives.   Forgiveness does not change the events and does not alter our story, which I will continue to tell.  It is what it is.  I believe the act of forgiveness will change our future into a brighter one.  I am working on that.





"In my distress I called to the Lord and he answered me.  From the depths of the grave 
I called for help and you listened to my cry"
Jonah 2:2
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

Popular Posts