Divorce Diversion-Recipe Review-Spinach, Chicken, and Strawberry Salad

 I came across a photo of a strawberry spinach salad on Pinterest. After looking at the beautiful salad, I decided to make my own to enjoy. I wanted to modify the existing recipe, so I searched for a strawberry spinach chicken salad recipe on Google to see what I could find. 



I decided to take a look at several recipes to see the salad ingredients to decide how I wanted to make my very good salad. I looked at the star rating of each salad, and if it ranked four or five out of five, I would read the recipe.




First off, you will need baby spinach. I like to get fresh spinach that is bagged and usually pre-washed. Next, I decided to use a red onion. Several different kinds of cheese were mentioned in the recipe. Feta cheese, goat cheese, and blue cheese were mentioned as options. You have several chicken options. I am going to go with the feta cheese. You can use leftover chicken, bake chicken just for this recipe using chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins or, as in my case, use rotisserie chicken. We can't forget the fresh sweet strawberries. 




The options given for protein in the recipes I read were chicken, salmon, and steak. Several choices came up as far as the proper dressing for this salad. You can make your own homemade dressing or buy a bottle of store-bought.

  • Poppy seed dressing
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • Poppyseed Vinaigrette
  • Raspberry Vinaigrette
  • Honey mustard Vinaigrette

I am going to go with the Poppy Seed Dressing.



Another fun thing to put on this salad would be nuts. Here are the nuts that I found used on most of the salads.

  • Toasted Almonds
  • Candied Pecans
  • Pecans
  • Candied Walnuts

Let's Gather the Ingredients


Bottle of Poppy Seed Dressing

Bag of Baby Spinach

Two rotisserie chicken breasts cut into 1/2" pieces

Two cups of thing sliced strawberries

3/4 cup of candied pecans

1/4 small red onion, sliced thinly

5 oz feta cheese crumbled


Here is the printable recipe.


Yield: 4
Author: Kathiey
Easy Spinach Salad

Easy Spinach Salad

Quick easy and yummy Spinach Salad with Chicken and Strawberries.

INGREDIENTS

  • 5 oz bag of baby spinach
  • 2 Rotisserie Chicken Breasts cut into 1/2" pieces
  • 2 cups of thinly sliced strawberries
  • 1 cup of glazed pecans
  • 1/4 small red onion
  • 5 oz of feta cheese crumbled
  • Poppyseed dressing

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Wash spinach if needed. I used a pre-washed bag of spinach.
  2. Put Spinach in a bowl.
  3. Chop the chicken into 1/2" bites and place it on spinach or in a dish for self-service.
  4. thinly slice strawberries on salad or place in a bowl for self-service
  5. Place pecans on the salad or put them in a bowl for self-service.
  6. Place the thinly sliced onion on the salad or in a bowl for self-service.
  7. Crumble feta cheese over salad or place in a bowl for self-service.
  8. Top with poppyseed dressing to taste
  9. Serve with warm crusty bread and butter
Created using The Recipes Generator




Happy Eating Everyone1

KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts