Divorce in the News-February 2024

  Every few weeks or so, I check to see what is happening in Divorce News. I search "divorce" in Google and put a time frame on the search of that current week/month to give me an overview of what is happening in divorce news. The trending news is typically celebrity news.

Yes, in the news, it is the celebrities that get all the attention. I am not looking for articles that are celebrity-focused. I am searching for articles that can help regular people look for answers as they navigate the difficult road of divorce. If you are looking for celebrity divorce news, here are a couple in the news to take a look at. 

Sofía Vergara and Joe Manganiello Finalize Their Divorce 7 Months After Initial Filing- Sorry to hear of this divorce.  They were only married for seven years.  I like her a lot; I don't know who he is.

Bobbi Althoff Breaks Silence After Husband Cory Files for Divorce: ‘I Will Always Love Him’ - More Celebrities I am unfamiliar with.


February 2024





(Click the title to go to the article.)
1-Gray Divorce Rates Have Doubled.  It is a costly move, especially for women. I find this very sad but true. Many of us did not have a choice in the matter, so we had to deal with the fallout.

2-New Oklahoma senator files bill that would end no-fault divorces in the state. I really don't know how I feel about the no-fault divorce.  I guess I am ok with it as long as people can still get the child support and alimony they deserve.

3-7 Steps To Buying A House After A Divorce Or Legal Separation-Here you will find some helpful tips to help you as you buy a home after a separation and divorce.  

4-The Pros and Cons of Divorce Versus Marriage, According to the Experts-Interesting and common sense pros and cons of getting divorced or staying married.

5-Taxes 2024: Which Parent Gets to Claim the Child Tax Credit After Divorce? This article may help give you some direction if you are dealing with taxes and dependents after your divorce.  My kids were adults when I went through this, so I did not have this to worry about.

That's it for now, for divorce in the news.
God Bless You On Your Journey!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts