Joy In the Journey-Divorce Diversion-Let's Have Some Fun

I hope you are having a lovely Friday. It is a rainy day here in NC. I hope it is a beautiful day where you are.

All of us who have gone through a divorce know how painful the process can be and that the pain can linger.   My motto is "fight to find joy in the journey."  I believe that this is possible but you have to fight to make it happen.


Here are a few things I have done this week to find joy. I post the fun stuff on my other blog Kathiey's World.

I found myself thinking ahead to Thanksgiving. I found some side dishes that sounded really good on Pinterest. Side Dishes for Thanksgiving...


Then I thought about some fun drinks to serve over the holiday season. Eight Fun Drinks for a Cold Winter Evening.

I wrote a post on what I call my Entertainment Wrap-Up. This included books, tv, and movies.  

I had the opportunity to visit a fun burger and bourbon restaurant in Apex, NC. I went to Tap Station.

For a shopping adventure, I went on Amazon looking for an Outfit to Wear to a Park in the Fall.  

Maggie and Caleb spent last weekend with me.  Whenever I have the grandkids, I am always looking for adventures.  While they were with me, we went on a sculpture walk in Apex, enjoyed ice cream at a local ice cream shop, then we went to a wild animal park in Burlington, NC.  


I hope you are finding some diversions from divorce in your life.  At the beginning of the divorce process, I know you don't feel like doing anything fun.  I have found if you force yourself to do the things you used to love that, the joy returns.  
Accept the challenge and get out and have fun.
God bless you on this journey!
KathieyV



Comments

Popular Posts