Stress Relief/Taking Care of You-Ways to Decrease Stress-The Initial Plan

 I started a series several years ago called Stress Relief and Self-Care. I want to include self-care in this series because in taking care of ourselves, I believe that we can decrease our stress, at least for a moment.  There are many times in our lives that we need stress relief.  Divorce ranks high on the stress meter.  Let's begin a monthly series to help us find ways to not only care for ourselves but, in the process, decrease our stress.

Here is a quote that I found...

"The Holmes-Rahe Stress Scale indicates that divorce is the second highest stressor 
for humans, second only to the death of a spouse."  

I disagree because divorce is like a death, only it is intentional, whereas death is usually not. So, I believe divorce can be an intent to harm, so it is more painful than death with no intent to harm.

Knowing that stress can make you sick in both mind and body, I will take a deeper look into stress relief techniques and self-care ideas that can help us lead a more calm and stress-free life.  

I hope you join me in trying these techniques. Some will seem silly, some like common sense, and some impossible to achieve, but I think they all have a place in someone's life. Not all of them will work for you or me, but if we find a few we can incorporate into our lives, I think that will be a positive outcome.

I will try all that I can physically and emotionally handle. Some seem strange, but I am willing to try, such as tree bathing. I believe many of these things at first glance may look a bit odd, but if we look further into the suggestion, we may find the benefit behind them.  

I will begin this series with the few I have already posted and then move on to something new. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

This could be a beneficial and fun experiment and adventure. I hope you join me.

God Bless!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts