Divorce in the News-December 16, 2021

Divorce in The News

Dec 16, 2021 

(click the title in red to go to the article)

1-If you spent a lot of money at your wedding, you're more likely to get divorced.

To me, this is ridiculous.  Here is what they say... 

 "According to the study, recently married couples who spent more than $20,000 on their wedding were 46 percent more likely to split than those who spent around $5,000 to $10,000. And those who spent $10,000 to $20,000 were 29 percent more likely to get divorced than those who spent in that mid-range cost."

Why do I feel it is ridiculous?  My marriage ended in divorce and we spent next to nothing for our wedding.  We eloped.


2-This Is Why January Is the Biggest Month for Divorce

This makes sense to me.  People who want a divorce may wait till after the holidays, especially when children are involved, so that the kids can have one last holiday as an intact family. (Oh, the selfishness of someone who destroys their family when it was not necessary.  I think it is sinful.)

Another reason they list is related to taxes. People tend to get their tax issues up to date at year's end and then divorce in the new year.


3-Collaborative divorce or traditional divorce

This article discusses the difference between the two.  I would say mine was the traditional divorce.  I needed the court to help me since I was put in a very difficult and unnecessary position. 


4-Getting Ready for the Holidays After Divorce

I found this article to be helpful.  I remember the early days of my separation and divorce how difficult the holidays became.  Over the years, it has become easier.  It was very hard on my children.  I have developed new traditions, and I do enjoy that part of the holiday now. 


5-Divorcing a Narcissist

I found this post to be insightful for those divorcing a narcissist.  It is worth the read.


God Bless You on Your Journey!

KathieyV







Comments

Popular Posts