Monthly Motivation "Build That Tower" Luke:28-30


When my husband first left me, I had a strong desire to help other women going through the same pain.  I remember so vividly sitting in the office where I worked and feeling strongly that God told me to write.  Write about the initial shock, write about the process, and write about the joy that can still be found even in the deepest pain. 
Here I am six years later.  Yes, I have written my first book, but I know there is so much more to do.  I heard a quote once that went something like this, "I am not lazy; I just lack clarity."  I feel like that explains where I sit today with the assignment that God has given me.  I don't know how to market my first book, and as I am working on my second, I question my ability to complete it, and I have two more books in the back of my mind that I need to start.  Please, Lord, calm my mind, and give me clarity.
I know I have to put actions behind the dream that God has put on my heart.  I have to do the work, it will not happen on its own.  I have to have faith God will direct and re-direct me as needed.  To do this, I have to develop a plan and get started.

I don't know what goals and dreams God has given you. Whatever the goal, we need to stop waiting and start doing.  Once we start God will direct our path.  We just have to trust his plan for us even when we are afraid, in doubt of our ability, or just plain tired and confused.

 Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
and he will establish your plans.
Proverbs 16:3

I think there is a cost in everything we do.  There are consequences with each action, whether it be good or bad. For me, not to finish what I see as my goal could mean I threw away the chance to help someone that could have used my experience during their difficult time.  In that regard, I would have failed at the goal I saw so clearly 6 years ago, and I don't want to do that.  I better get to work:-)


How to accomplish this goal
Spend time with God, seeking his guidance.
Plan ahead, make lists and daily goals.
Develop a routine to get things done.
Commit your work to God so he can establish your path.
Get to work!

God Bless you on your journey.
KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts