Monthly Motivation: "He Comes Alongside Us" (This was written in 2015)

On Sunday morning, I like to sit down indian style on the couch with my computer in my lap and a cup of coffee in my hand and listen to an online sermon.  This week I decided to listen to a sermon on the Summit Church website.  The scripture for the sermon was found in John 14.  I could easily choose scripture for my life (The Beginning, The Journey, The Joy),  in those words.

The Beginning
(of the pain/trauma)
"I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you"
John 14:18
At the beginning of my trauma I guess you could say I felt like an orphan.  The person that swore to love me forever just left.  Leaving me shocked and in a state of despair.  
What a blessing to know that God will not leave us alone in our situation but will come to us.  Remember he is with you no matter what you are going through.

The Journey
"And I will ask the Father and he will give you another counselor to be with you forever"
John 14:16
In the sermon, the counselor is described in many ways.  He inspires us, manifest God's love to us, stands beside us, comes alongside us, directs us to the cross, cries out for us, and empowers us.
These are all things that help us endure difficult times and keep us on the proper path. 

The Joy
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you.....
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27
As I walk my new path in life I am finding joy.  I love to spend time with my family and friends.  There is so much I enjoy in this life.  Sometimes I do get fearful and that is when I return to God's word and remind myself that I should not be troubled or afraid because He comes alongside me and helps me always.
Remember He is with you.
Happy Monday!
KathieyV:-)


Comments

Popular Posts