Divorce Articles Huff Post Reading "7 Ways To Embrace Being On Your Own After Divorce"

I was doing a bit of reading on Huff Post in the divorce section.  I came across this article, "7 Ways To Embrace Being On Your Own After Divorce"  I like to try to apply at least part of my readings to my life, so let's take a look and see how they apply to me now over 9 years since my X walked out.  I will choose 3 of her suggestions.



1-Define who you are outside of marriage

In marriage, I would have to describe myself as a lady in "waiting."  Waiting to live my life.  Waiting on my husband.  Waiting for promises to be kept.  Waiting while he pursued his dreams and goals so that I could eventually work on my own.  Waiting, waiting, waiting.  Now I would have to say I am doing.  I go out with friends, I plan trips, I am working on my blogs, and I no longer get made fun of for doing so.  I am doing my best to find myself, and it feels good.
Kathiey V

2-Get healthy. 
(And note that "healthy" doesn't mean losing a ton of weight.)

    I am doing my best to stay healthy.  During Covid, all the things I did to keep physically fit, such as spin class and Zumba, all shut down.  Over the two-year-plus period, I gained weight and did not work out as much as I was accustomed to.  I am slowly getting back into exercise.  I walk 3-4 miles several times a week, and I am thinking about joining some organized classes to keep me accountable.  

I am seeing a doctor who is helping me get my hormones stabilized because they are out of wack due to my age, and she thinks this will help me feel better both physically and mentally, so I am excited about that. 


3-Take a solo trip.
I have taken several solo trips, and I love it.  My dream has always been to travel.  Local or far away, it does not matter.  I took a trip with the Road Scholars in 2015.  I drove 12 hours to get to my destination in the Finger Lake region of NY.  What a blast.  I met amazing people from all over, learned about the area from our guide and other speakers, and had the opportunity to explore.  I loved it.  I can't wait to go on my next adventure.  

Watkins Glenn Gorge 2015
Again Covid got in the way of travel for over two years. I have enjoyed some local solo travel. One of the most fun was visiting a winery called Divine Llama. At this winery, you could enjoy the wine and also go llama trekking. What fun.


Follow the link to Huff Post.  Check out the article and let me know what 3 apply to you.
I know it is a daily battle but hold on and keep moving.
God Bless You on Your Journey!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts