The Journey-Embracing Being Single


“Single” is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” 

Mandy Hale


I recently heard a sermon on embracing your singleness, and I have decided to do just that.  There is no way I could have embraced being single in the beginning.  Being thrown away is traumatic.  After two years(and now nearly six years) I am ready to try, (I am doing just that).
Just think about it....
I no longer have to work to be accepted for who I am.  I embrace who I am.
Realizing "I am good enough" is a fantastic thing.
My home is peaceful.  Brodie never complains:-)
I am enjoying being with friends and making new friends.
I trust God to help me down my new path.  I know He will never throw me away.
I enjoy Zumba, and no one makes fun of me.
I will travel, even if it is just local.
I am enjoying working on my book and my blogs.
I now have a calling to do my best, through social media and hopefully through an eventual church family, to tell my story, and help others going through the difficulties of separation and divorce.  (There are many of us, and I embrace the opportunity.)

Don't get me wrong; this process is far from easy.   Many challenges leave me overwhelmed. I still have physical symptoms from emotional trauma. I have a long way to go on the road to healing.  I would never have chosen this for my family.  When you have no choice in what life or people throw at you the only thing you can do is look for the good that remains.  For me, that means embracing what I have and doing everything in my power to enjoy my life and live it the best way I can for God.

"Be strong and courageous!  Do not fear or tremble before them, for the Lord your God
is the one who is going with you.  He will not fail you or abandon you!"
Deut 31:6
NET Bible

God Bless You!
KathieyV



Comments

Popular Posts