Morning Motivation "When God Ran"

I love the story of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32.  Why,  Because the story is an example of God's abundant Grace on which I lean so heavily.  It is a picture, to me, of God's love for us.  In church yesterday the Pastor spoke of how the son in this parable had turned his back on his father.  How he squandered all, he had given him.  How he then became desperate without his father in his life.  How he then returned to him and was lovingly accepted back into his father's house because he was so loved. And even though he, the son, did not deserve it,  all his foolishness was forgiven, and the slate wiped clean.
I have turned my back on God in my lifetime.  I thought I could navigate this world on my own.  Not so, at least for me.  I am not complete without my faith in God and the knowledge of a love and grace beyond this world.
Years ago there was a song that I would listen to that would bring tears to my eyes each time I would hear it.  It is a song by Benny Hester called "When God Ran."

"And the only time, the only time I ever saw Him run Was when He ran to me, Took me in His arms, held my head to His chest And said "My son's come home again".
 Looked in my face, wiped the tears from my eyes With forgiveness in His voice He said 
"Son, do you know I still love you? 
It caught me by surprise when God ran." 
Benny Hester

Happy Monday Everyone!



Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

Popular Posts