Morning Motivation...Give Thanks...Blast From the Past...2013

Monday Morning Motivation…Give Thanks blast from the past…2013

I am reading a book that a lovely and caring person gave me.  She knew I was going through a crisis in my life and so she gave me a book that she thought would provide me with comfort.  It is called “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp.  It reminds me, on a much grander scale, of the way I have always tried to live my life, seeking beauty in the midst of pain.  The chapter I read the other night was on giving thanks in all things through Communion, as Christ did before his death.
After reading this book, I had a strong urge to take Communion.  I was hoping to take Communion at an area Methodist Church on Saturday, but I was not able to attend.  So I thought to myself, that’s OK,  I can take Communion next week.
Caleb spent the night with me last night.  He is a blessing and a diversion from the pain.  We played, we ran, we spun in circles, we ate ice cream.  As I was putting him to bed, he kissed me and told me he loved me thus warming my heart.
Got up Sunday morning and went to church.  The pastor spoke of a Greek word “Iupeo” which means stressed, grieved, deeply distressed.  I guess I now fit into that category. I am in a horrible amount of emotional pain. This church is a large church,  I don’t know many folks, but I always come away with something.  Today it was Communion.  They did not offer it in the service, but as I was leaving, I saw a door in the very back of the room that I had never noticed before, on it was written “Communion.”  I hesitated and then decided maybe this was my gift for the day.  I went in.  There were two tables each with small candles, a little cross plus the wine and the bread.  There were several chairs and probably about ten people silently praying. It was a peaceful place. I did not stay very long, but I took the bread and the wine and gave thanks to God.  Not so much for this mess but His love.
Never forget God’s Promise…
“I will never leave you or forsake you”
Thank you God!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts