Divorce...Beauty in the Pain

Blast from the past.  I wrote this Sunday, July 7, 2013.


Living with this new emotional pain, I have to keep busy.  So, Caleb and I went to two church services this week. I was seeking any strength and or wisdom I could find in God through the messages.
At the first church, AUMC Saturday night service, the pastor spoke of faith and in that faith assurance. She talked about trust and that in uncertainty all we have is our trust in God through faith.  That when we feel rising anxiety (I feel it 24 hours a day) and when we feel desperation (which I do) that we need to remember that we are Gods. That he never lets us go, even when we can’t feel him beside us.
At CrossPointe today the sermon was specifically focused on what I am going through, divorce.  I learned that this, I will call it an unnecessary pain, impacts everyone.  The Pastor described it as gut-wrenching and excruciating.  I agree with these descriptions, and I will add one, soul shattering. It leaves scars on every aspect of life and will have ripple effects that will damage everyone.  For the damage to my family, I am sorry. I wish I could change this situation for myself, and for them.  Since I am not in control, I need to find the strength to give it to God….and to trust Him with the fallout.
May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you
Psalm 33:22
Still trying to find beauty in the pain…
Remember God’s Promise.
“I will never leave you or forsake you”
Thanks you God!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts