Perseverance Quotes as found in Writers Digest

First off what is perseverance?  Perseverance-steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.


Here are two quotes on perseverance I found in Writers Digest that I can relate to.


"The best way out is always through"  
Robert Frost
For me,  in the beginning, as related to separation and divorce, I did not want to "go through".  I was hoping if I did nothing it would just go away.  It took some time but I realized that was not the wise response.   I had to do something. I had to get up and address the problem.  I had to "go through".


"If you fell down yesterday, stand up today."
HG Wells

Yes, I fell down.  Down into fear, sadness, and depression.  I was lost.  I have slowly learned to stand.  The teachings that were found in the "falling down" have been immeasurable.



I like the quote that my friend Amber sent me in the early days of pain.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Winston Churchill 

Yes, I was going through my own personal hell.  With the help of my faith and my friends I was able to keep going and you can too.

Remember you are not alone!
Not alone in your situation.  There are many of us.
Not alone, because God promises he will never leave us or forsake us.
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts