Monday Morning Motivation.."Complete in Christ". The Pain The Journey The Joy

The Pain
I have heard divorce described in may ways.  It has been said to be like... 
A death 
An Amputation 
Paralysis
Agony 

The ways I have described it are... 
Like a Death but with Intent
Excruciatingly Painful
A Searing of Ones Heart and Soul
Emotionally Scarring
The Murder of a Family.

I listened to a sermon today by David Anderson Bridgeway Church in Maryland.  The message was about being complete in Christ regardless of our circumstances.  It seems whenever I listen to a sermon about difficulties it tends to include divorce, that just shows you how devastating it can be.  He grouped together, unwanted pregnancies, addictions, death, career loss, accidents, health issues and yes divorce.  

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work 
until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."

Philippians 1:6
NLT
The Journey
The knowledge that I have all I need through my faith. 
I remind myself of that daily.
 I trust that God will turn the bad around for good in someway.
The journey is not an easy one but so worth it.  It took me a while to realize that.
Maybe good will come in the ability to help others on the same path.
That is my hope and that too would be my joy

The Joy
Erica, Steph, Josh and Caleb
Brodie
My friends that are my joy and my support.
My job.
My future church family (waiting on God for that one:-)
Laughter, similes.
The beauty of God that surrounds us even in our pain. 
"Dear Lord, thank you for a wonderful week.  I thank you for my family and friends.  I am so glad that I am complete in You if I just hold onto You.  Thank you that you forgive me for my many shortcomings and that you guide me on my path.  Please use me to help those around me.  Amen."
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts