Monday Morning Motivation…."Sing in the lifeboats"




"Life is a shipwreck but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats"
Voltaire
I did not appreciate the deep meaning behind Voltaire's quote until I went through a major life crisis.  In the beginning of my crisis I did not sing in the lifeboat. I wailed.  I sought escape, I spent each moment in dread, mourning and fear.  I gave my life to God as a child and then again as a teenager in a small church up the street from my home.  I lost sight of God in the early days of my current crisis but I still called out to him.  I prayed and studied the Psalms.  Each day I got a little stronger.  Am I ashamed of my reaction in the early days of this trial in my life?  No.  I am human and God knows that.  He has helped me grow through it and to even thrive.  
So how do I sing in the lifeboat.  I literally sing when I am listening to Christian music.  My soul sings when I spend time with my family.  My heart sings when I take time to look at the beauty of God's creation that surrounds us even in our pain. 




"What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; 










I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also."










1 Corinthians 14:15 ESV












Happy Monday Everyone








Enjoy Your World








KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts