Memories Of My Divorce Journey: What I learned in church this weekend...

I am going back to the beginning of my Divorce Recovery blog which I started in 2013.  I will read my old posts and share them as I go back over my story.  It may be painful to relive the early days but my hope is that it will help someone on the same or similar journey.  Let's get started.
**********

Written in 2013, the year my husband left.

In my pain, I have to keep busy.  On this particular Sunday, I went to two church services seeking any kind of strength and/or wisdom I may find in God through the messages.

At AUMC Saturday night, the pastor spoke on faith and, in that faith, finding assurance. She spoke of trust and that in our uncertainty, all we have is our trust in God through our faith.  That when we feel rising anxiety (I feel it 24 hours a day) and when we feel desperation (which I do) that we need to remember that we are God's. That he never lets us go, even when we can't feel him.

At Cross Pointe, the sermon was specifically on what I am going through, a divorce.  I learned that this, I will call it an unnecessary pain, impacts everyone.  The Pastor described it as gut-wrenching and excruciating in its pain.  I agree with these descriptions and will add one of my own "soul-shattering." I was reminded that it leaves scars on every aspect of life and will have ripple effects that will affect everyone.  For the pain this causes my family, I am so sorry. I wish I could change this pain for myself and for them.  Since I am not in control, I need to find the strength to give it to God....to trust him.

May your unfailing love be with us, Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:22

Finding beauty in the pain...
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts