Divorce Diversion "Jan Decor, A Winter Vibe




Keeping the house clean: One thing that helps me keep the house clean is getting Brodie shaved.  At least twice a year, Brodie sheds hunks of fur at a time, I will call it molting.  I can sit and literally pull handfuls of hair off of his body, I could easily make a sweater.  So we are off to Petco to get a bath and buzz cut for Brodie.  Yes, he is going for his biannual spa treatment.

Organizing the Christmas decorations:  In the past, I have just thrown holiday items in random boxes, but this year I am headed to Target to get specific storage boxes.  I saw Target was having a sale on medium size plastic bins for $5.00.  It sounds like a good deal to me.
Here are a few options I found for Christmas storage on Amazon.
Sadly, I did not put my tree in a storage container.  I picked it up and carried it to the garage.  Easy solution but not ideal.  It is not an expensive tree, and it is challenging to pull the segments apart.  I will save that chore for another day.
(I am an Amazon Affiliate, so if you click on any of the options below and buy anything on Amazon, I get a percent of the sale with no extra cost to you.  It is a win-win:-)

        
Decorating for winter: I want to keep a winter feel in the house and at the doorway in the New Year.  For me and my small outdoor stoop, it is all about the wreath.  I don't want to spend a ton of money on a new wreath, so I think I will head to Home Goods and Hobby Lobby to see if they have anything.
I could not find any wreaths I liked at Hobby Lobby.  The Home Goods store I frequent had a fire before Christmas and remains closed.  I went online and ordered a wreath from Wayfair.  I wanted one that had a winter feel, so I went with pinecones and a snowy look.  The cost of this wreath was $34.30.  Wayfair

I did go to Kirkland's, and I did find a few items to decorate my winter mantle.  Do I think the artwork I bought screams winter?  No, but the colors kinda do, so I made the purchase.
I did get a painting I really liked.  It was listed at $79.99, but there was a sale, so I got if for less than that.  I know the price tag is still on.  I promise I will take it off:-)


I did pick up a couple of items from my local Hobby Lobby.  I needed something to put on my mirror tray...

So that is it for my winter decorating.  I would like to add a soft throw to my sofa and maybe scatter a few blue and white flower arrangements throughout the space.  I will save that for another day.
Happy Decorating Everyone!
KathieyV:-)
I would love to know how you are decorating this winter.  Put a comment in the comment box and share your ideas.

Comments

Popular Posts