Monday Morning Motivation "In Peace I Lie Down"

The alarm goes off,  I get up, say hi to Brodie and then brew my coffee.  Coffee is my comfort food:-)  Then I shower, pour myself a cup of java and get ready to spend time with God.  I usually read a devotional, then the Bible, and I sometimes use an online devotionals that I have subscribed to.  It is a wonderful routine that  can set the tone for the day.  (To be honest some days I have to push myself but 99.9% of the time I look forward to this daily routine)
I am reading a devotional by Holley Gerth.  "What Your Heart Needs for the Hard Days." I liked Chapter 2, "God Makes Sure Even the Darkest Night Leads to Dawn"
Holley asks,  in regard to difficult times...
"What's going to happen?"  
"How will this work out?"
"Do I have the strength to get through this?"
Questions we all ask ourselves when going through a painful times.
She answers this question with a Psalm
"In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord make me dwell in safety"
Psalm 4:8
It is a comfort to know that God does walk beside us and guides us and gives
 us rest, (sleep), even in the hard times.  Thank you Lord:-)
Happy Monday Everyone
Enjoy Your World
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts