Stress Relief and Self-Care-Need Stress Relief? Declutter Your Home.

Need Stress Relief?
Declutter Your Home.

I had read about how decluttering can decrease chaos not only physically but emotionally. I just moved to a new location, and in the process of the move and downsizing, I found that my new place is not organized yet, and this disorder made me feel stressed. I decided to remedy the situation.
My dining room day 1...

So why does clutter make us stressed, and a clean environment makes us more peaceful?  Let's find out.
Why clutter can be stressful...
  1. Clutter can make you feel overwhelmed.
  2. Clutter can lead to fatigue and even depression.
  3. Clutter can lead to decreased focus, confusion, and tension.
  4. Clutter can make you feel you have lost control.
  5. Clutter can lead to stress.

Reasons why decluttering can make you more content and less stressed...
  1. Less clutter helps you to focus.
  2. A clean environment can help you relax because there are fewer distractions.
  3. Decluttering can help you sleep better because of the relaxing environment.
  4. When you come home from work, an organized home creates a welcoming, peaceful environment.
  5. A clean environment is good for your physical and mental health.
  6. A clean home makes you feel you have control of your environment.
  7. A clean home improves your mood.
Everyone is different, and people may view clutter differently. For some folks, clutter may not be an issue, but for me, if I let my house get too cluttered, it definitely increases my stress level.

I know that moving to a new home comes with the initial clutter. One day, I just could not take it anymore. Every time I looked at the dining room, my stress level would rise, so I decided to do something about it. I still need to hang pictures, but my goodness, what a relief. I can now sit in my living room and feel at peace.

So, if the clutter in your environment stresses you out, take control and do something about it. If you are like me, decluttering makes you feel more at peace and less stressed.
Have a peaceful day!
KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts