Looking Back at my Divorce Journey "The Beginning Series" Help! I've been thrown away"

My husband left me unexpectedly in 2013.  The emotional pain was beyond what I could have imagined.  In this Series "Looking Back at My Divorce Journey" I will share some of my writings and experiences of that time.
Looking Back at My Divorce Journey
2014


I am writing this letter because I have been through a trauma.  The pain of a husband walking out after 37 years of marriage.
     My husband was a pastor for nearly 20 years.  Being a pastor's wife I thought I could understand the pain that one felt when faced with separation and divorce.  I realize now, that this has become my reality, that I was extremely short-sighted in thinking I could even begin to relate.  I had no idea!   The emotional and physical extensions of this pain can be debilitating.   Day to day responsibilities seem insurmountable.  You become oddly paralyzed.
     It has been over a year since this new chapter began in my life.  Am I completely recovered?  No.  Not completely.  My Dr. tells me it can take two to three years to even start to feel whole again.  I have come a very long way in the past year though and I am thankful for all the support of my friends.  I am thankful for my faith and the knowledge that God is beside me.
     I believe that if I suppressed this reality in my life and just move on like it never happened I would be lying to myself.  I believe that God can use our experiences and our pain to help others on the same journey.  I too believe others on this road can help me.  

"Experience is not what happens to you.  It is what you do with what happens to you.
Don't wast your pain.  Use it to help others"
Rick Warren.

 God Bless You On Your Journey!
KathieyV


Comments

  1. Kathy... where do you live? I met a friend the month after I filed for divorce. We talked, we cried, we talked and cried some more for about four years. This was huge in getting me through the grieving process. Family and friends quickly get weary of the conversation. I was lucky to have her. I think your group sounds fabulous. I'd love to come in I live close enough.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What state are you in Suzanne? I am in NC:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I went to a divorce support group about three months after my divorce, but it was too painful and I just stopped going. Your group sounds like fun. Too bad the commute would be about 15 hours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts