Divorce, The Journey...."Just do it"


Divorce is all incompassing.  Responsibilities that were once shared by two are now on the shoulders of one.  Even though many chores may seem small to some, they become mountains to those of us on an emotional rollercoaster.  That being said, we have to realize challenges don't go away if we ignore them.  Let's start with a small issue...
I have a few tools in my arsenal.  I have a hammer, a tape measure, and a flat head screwdriver.  I can never find them when I need them because I have no idea where I left them.
When I received my new vacuum cleaner, and I could not find the proper tool to put it together  I decided to do something about it so I would be prepared next time.
The challenge...             The nice new vacuum,
 ...No way to put it together:-(
The solution......Stock up to complete this task and to prepare for future undertakings.
So off I went to Amazon, (I get free shipping:-)
(I am an Amazon Affiliate if you buy anything using my links I get a small percent of the sale with no extra cost to you:-)
First, I need a place to put my tools so I can always find them, a toolbox.
Now for some tools.....Screwdrivers.  I needed the Philips's head.
I decided to get a few other things to fill my toolbox. Something I have needed over the last 2 years, and because I did not have them, I either did not start the job, or I made do without them.
A Utility Knife.  I have been using my steak knives to cut things other than steak, so this was needed and less than $5.00.
A flashlight because I don't have one.  The other night during a severe thunderstorm, the lights were flickering on and off.  When the lights did go out, I tried to use my cell phone, but that was like holding up a match.  I did manage to light some candles.  

I had to get Caleb the Silly Robot Flash Light...
Last but not least, I got an electric cordless screwdriver.  I had wished I had one of these several times, and because I did not a few jobs were not done...
Now I am ready for anything, right?  Well, maybe not anything, but I can get some jobs done that need doing.  I was tempted to try to put the handle on the vacuum with the flat head screwdriver, but I wanted to do it right, so I wait for my Philip's head.

If you, like me, get overwhelmed with the responsibilities of life, I find if you take a deep breath and focus on one job at a time, it becomes a bit easier.  I think if we push through, we can surprise ourselves with the work we can get done on jobs, both large and small.

Hang in there, guys.  We can do this.
God Bless!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts