Journal Prompt- What is Your Favorite Season of the Year and Why?

                               



The answer to this question comes to my mind immediately. I don't even have to think twice about it. My favorite season of the year is fall. 

One reason it is my favorite season is that I live in North Carolina.  The NC summers are so hot and humid that beginning in June, I start to count the days until fall.   In the summer, even in the early mornings, when I walk my dog, I end the walked drenched with sweat, not the healthy sweat you get with a workout but the sweat produced by humidity.  I just don't feel good in the summer, but I savor the days when the weather cools, and you can go outside and take a deep breath of the cooler air and feel revitalized.

There are so many marvelous things to love about fall other than the weather.  I love the colorful leaves, the spiced pumpkin lattes, a warm soft sweater, pumpkin patches, and apple cider donuts.  There is such a joy in being able to open your windows at night to sleep in the coolness under several warm cozy blankets. I love Halloween and the kids in their costumes going door to door to get a sweet treat. 

As I sit here typing this, it is getting toward the end of September.  I am on my back porch with a sweater and a jacket and a cup of coffee.  It is a breezy 66 degrees and going to be in the 40's tonight.  

Yes, fall is here, and for me, that is thrilling.  NC does not realize it is fall, and we will have a few warm days again, but I know the colder weather is coming, which makes me extremely happy.

Happy Fall, Everyone!

KathieyV


Comments

Popular Posts