"God is Here" a Short Devotional from Youtube...Monthly Motivation

I wrote this devotional back in 2017.  I think it is a reminder of God's love for us during all things even this Covid19 Pandemic.



As I was reading along with this short devotional, I soon realized that my go-to verses in my time of greatest need are incorporated in the text.  Thus making this devotional that I found on youtube very personal to me.
"Be still, and know that I am God."
Psalm 46:10
My interpretation of this verse is simple.  When things are more difficult then we can begin to imagine that is the time to take a breath, trust God because He is with us and put everything in His hands and then rely on Him for the outcome.
Watching my father die was one of the most challenging times of my life.  He did not have a peaceful passing; he had a very painful passing.  He had pancreatic cancer a very cruel ending.  As I cared for him, my job was to keep him pain-free with the medications provided by Hospice.  I took this task very seriously providing him with pain meds round the clock.  In dad's confusion, he would not always understand what I was doing or why.  It was an immensely trying time, and I cried daily.  There were times that I felt  I could not even take a breath and on those occasions, I would repeat over and over again "Be still and know that I am God" I would find peace in God's promise and then I would regain enough strength to continue.
I am thankful that I was at dad's side when he died.  I remember holding his hand as he took his last breath. There was peace with his passing and again I remember saying "Be still and know that I am God".

"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 36:1

This is the verse that has helped me survive the most traumatic time in my life.  My husband of 37 years just walked out.  A promise to God and myself cast aside as though meaningless.  I call it "like a death but with intent."
I was in shock, and the devastation affected my body, mind, and soul.  It was the most emotionally painful time of my life.  I found solace in God's promise, "I  will never leave you or forsake you."  God holds true to His word and loves more then I can comprehend.

Dear God I want to thank you.
In the moments I feel alone I know you will never leave me.
In the times when confusion and fear grip my life, I find comfort in knowing you will not forsake me.
In the times I felt like I could not take another step I heard you say "be strong I am beside you, I will never leave you or forsake you."
Through the pain of death and divorce, and also in the amazing times that this wonderful life you have given us can bring...in all things I can take a deep breath and just "be still" because I know that you are my God and you are in control.

Love you!
KathieyV

Take Care during this Pandemic everyone.  I pray God's blessing on you and your loved ones. 

Comments

Popular Posts