Happy New Year 2020

I chose this verse for New Year's Day because it speaks of "future" and "hope."  Not only a future and a hope but a blessing wherein God says he plans to prosper and not harm us.  Happy Day!  Life is going to be a piece of cake from now on. I am going to have a ton of money and be joyous in the future that awaits me.  Well, it may not be that easy.  

As I was reading a few commentaries on this verse, I found that Jeremiah was writing to God's people who were in exile.  They did not have a carefree life; they were outcasts.  I am sure, at that time, this verse was a blessing of comfort to the people who received it, as it was for me when I faced the betrayal at the hands of my husband and the demise of my decade's long marriage. I leaned heavily on this verse to get me through each day, each minute.  I do believe in the context of the scripture and that God does want us to have a wonderful future and hope for each day.  

In one writing, I found that to prosper means that we grow in relationship with God.  I also believe God is the hope for our future, our today, and for the life after this one.  

As I look forward to 2020, I have no idea what to expect.  There have been many unexpected twists and turns that I could have never predicted.  Regardless of what road where we find ourselves, I think we can prosper in our relationship with God and through that relationship grow in character and faith.  I believe God is our hope and future and for that, I am thankful.  

Happy 2020 and God Bless

"Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Comments

Popular Posts