Morning Motivation: A Life Lesson from the Movie "The Help"



I have just recently finished the book "The Help"  When I found out there was a movie I could not wait to see it. There were many times during the movie I found myself angry at the injustice and other times touched by the tenderness. The love in the quote repeatedly spoken by Abilene to the little girl in her care touched my heart.

"You is kind. You is smart. You is important" 

Words we all need to hear when we are little and continue to understand as we age.  They are words of encouragement, support, and love.  In our humanness, we sometimes fail to encourage others with words they may desperately need to hear.  Sometimes we fail to give the hugs, the support, the time.  We get caught up in life and its problems, its busyness.  In the times when we feel alone, when we feel unimportant, or feel downright stupid, we need to remember that is not how God feels.  To God we are essential.
"God loves each of us as if there were only one of us."
  ~St. Augustine


God Bless You!
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts