Divorce in the Media:Dr Foster Season 1 Episode 2 (Spoiler Alert)


Let's move onto Season 1 Episode 2 of Dr Foster.
(Here is my post on Season 1 Episode 1)
Spoiler Alert!!

Dr. Foster now knows of her husband's infidelity.  She confronts him with her concerns, he maintains his innocence and makes the excuse that she is working too hard and that is why she has these suspicions.

We find out later in the show that his dad cheated on and left his mother.  His mother went on to say that her son was "acting exactly like his father."

"If you want to know if your husband will cheat, you may want to take a close look at your father-in-law. According to a new study cheating really does run in the family, at least as far as men are concerned."
The Daily Mail
(My dad tried to warn me.KV)

I don't believe that mirroring your father's habits is an excuse that has merit.  In my opinion, there is no excuse. Infidelity is a decision, a choice to hurt another person.  I had the misconception that a man that was upset by the way his father treated his mother would be less apt to hurt, damage, or cheat on his wife.  Sadly, in reality, this is not the case.  The cycle tends to continue.
Here is a quote from the show,
"His Dad cheated on his mom. The son's are their fathers".  To me that is extremely sad.  
All that being said I decided to look up a few infidelity statistics.  Here are a few I found on Trustify.
Find out more on Trustify
If you are watching Dr. Foster I would love to know your thoughts.
If you are dealing with infidelity in your life you are not alone.
KathieyV

Comments

Popular Posts