Finding Joy...

I found a quote I like on the subject of joy….
“Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain”
Joseph Campbell
After a betrayal such as separation and divorce finding joy can be a difficult task. I agree with Joseph that joy can burn out the pain or at least partially smother the pain even if only momentarily. I believe to get to that point takes sheer determination, faith, and constant refocusing.
So what did you do to find joy last week? Here are a few of my happy moments.
I found joy in spending time with my grand children.  Cuddle time with Maggie and playing dinosaur games with Caleb.  Enjoyed time with my daughters.  Erica and I went to a winery and Stephanie and I spent time at the perfume counter taking in new scents.  Dinner and wine with my good friend Cindy is always a treat.
Taking long walks with my dog Brodie.  Getting rained on on a humid evening.  Walking on a windy night, letting my curly frizzy hair go wild and not caring what anyone thinks.
What did you do last week that brought you joy?  I would love to know.
Hugs,
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular Posts