Monday Morning Motivation….Layers…The Good and the Bad...

I have been reading a unique book, The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, by Aimee Bender.  I found the premise of the book to be very interesting.  The main character in this book has a gift.  Her gift is the ability to taste feelings and emotions in the food that someone prepares for her.  She can taste joy, betrayal, fear, loneliness, all the feelings and emotions, the truths, hidden in the layers of the food.  This is how she gets to know who you really are.
That go me thinking, "what would my daughters and friends know about me if I were to have them over for a homemade meal?".  What would they taste in the layers?
I know they would experience some unpleasant layers.  Layers brought on by being thrown away.  They would taste the emotional pain of abandonment.  They would know the  hurt and sadness brought on by a family divided and the physical discomfort of anxiety. If this was all they were able to taste it would not be a very nice meal.   But that is not all….
I know they would come away inspired by the beauty that surrounds them, as I do…



I know that they could feel the strong faith that I have in God.  The knowledge that he walks beside me/them, and he holds our hand.
They would taste the joy I feel when I am with my friends.  They would know that I love fun, going on adventures, laughter, and hugs.  How much I love to sing and take photos.  How I do my best to give all my worries and concerns to God.  How I strive to find beauty and hope even in the challenges of life.  They would taste the strong hope I have in my life and  how much I love them.  They would taste joy:-)
"For I am the LORD your God, who takes hold of your right hand, 
who says to you, 'Don't be afraid. I'll help you."
Isaiah 41:13
I would love to know what I would taste in your food….
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World
Kathiey:-)

Comments

Popular Posts