Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Words of Wisdom Guest Post from Blog Her…By So-It-Goes.

I found this post on Blog Her.  It was written by someone who called herself  So-it-goes.  I will put my comments in red….
and, I now pronounce you...
Honestly, the best way I can describe what I went through was like a crazy horror movie, that is just never ending.
I would not wish this on my worst enemy. The death of a marriage, is nothing anyone can understand until you have gone through it yourself. (Just awful. I had no idea)
People are easy to critize by saying, you just gave up, or why did you not try harder, or my favourite, it's a sin.
So dearly beloved, let me explain one thing, no one gets married to get divorced! But as the saying goes, sometimes sh*t happens. It all depends on how you handle it. 
I think after nearly 20 months, I have the courage to honestly and brutely share my story. All I wish to do is just give hope  to  those other woman out there that made the same decision as me, to just breath, hold on to your horses, it aint gonna be easy, but in the end, trust me, we all survive. (Yes we will!)
Dropping the big D word...
Until today, I truely do not know, where I got the courage and the willpower to have done what I did. As I am sitting here and typing this, I get goosebumps just thinking about last year March, where I was standing in the garden and how the words just flew out of my mouth. 
After 10 years, after spending 24 hours 7 days a week together, day in and day out,with no children,  for the first time it felt as if I could breath.
But and this is the biggest but of all, after saying those words, I had no idea what hell my life would become. How I had to fight for my right to be a woman, to be able to make my own decisions, to be proud of who I have become.  
INHALE.... EXHALE…(In the early days it was an accomplishment to just keep breathing, but it slowly gets easier to breath:-)
So if you too are going through this awful pain please keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will make it to the other side.  Turn to your friends and to your faith.
Kathiey:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment