Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Story….continued….Page 2

Those of you who are my friends, those of you who know me, know my story.  Those of you who follow this blog will soon know my story.  For those of you who wonder how I made it through the first several months of the nightmare, that blindsided me, I am writing a book on the early days.  A book of grief, depression, survival, and emotional turmoil.  A book of faith.  This book is an example of the feelings of one who has been thrown away, as if worthless. I hope to have it published by the end of Aug 2014.
I sent my attorney an email this week.  I asked her if any of the compiled evidence acquired over several months of discovery is protected.  I asked if I could write the true story.  I asked if I could use names.  Can I share what was said in court?  Can I share what was found by digital forensics and private investigators?  Can I share bank statements, phone records, and credit card statements.   Can I share the statements shared in the Deposition of my soon to be "X".   Can I share the detail of the questions and the amount of times I heard the all to familiar "I plead the fifth".   I am still waiting to hear from her but in the interim lets return to a better time….Lets go back to fall of 2012.  This was our 36th wedding anniversary.  We went to Waynesville NC to celebrate and it was wonderful.
Our wedding anniversary is in Aug.  We would typically wait to celebrate in the cool of the fall when we could enjoy the beauty of the mountains.  Off we went to Oak Park Inn.  Room 35.

A lot happened in room 35.  "I love you" was spoken many times.  Love was made many times.  We spoke of our plans for the future.  The focus being on our family.  We talked of continuing to fix up our home so we could have family celebrations.  We talked of taking family vacations.  Life was finally going to be a bit easier and it was now time to focus on retirement and the blessings of family.  Little did I know all of the ugliness that would transpire in the next few months.  Little did I know that I would experience the awfulness of depression and despair.  Little did I know that I was soon to be thrown away and our family divided.
Ok, back to better times…
We walked the streets of downtown Waynesville. We went to a craft fair...



We went to see the Elk…


We went hiking…






We visited several restaurants.



 I remember this wine bar well.  It was in a basement on a side street in Waynesville.  We ordered wine and a cheese tray.  We sipped our wine, enjoyed the band and the food.  Held hands under the table.  It was a perfect evening.
So here I am nearly 2 years later.  I am on a completely different path then I ever could have imagined.  One that was chosen for me.  One I had no say in.  I am finding there are many people on my path.  I am learning that there are people on different paths with different pain.  I am also learning how much I need God's presence in my life.  I am learning that my faith is the one constant and I am thankful for it.
 My story……to be continued...

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. Hopefully it helps to remember. The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete